How to Get Involved
Help Preserve South Florida’s Natural Heritage:
Join Tropical Audubon Society Today or Donate NOW via our Secure Server!
You’ll enjoy these TAS Membership benefits:
- Bird & Nature walks with expert leaders who will introduce you to South Florida’s rich natural resources.
- 50% off Paddle-Out Kayak trips, 10% off Native Plants at TAS sales.
- Early entry to free TAS events & Native Plant pre-sale.
- Fellowship at various free TAS events & Annual Members meeting.
- Receive the annual Tropical Audubon publication.
- Receive regular e-Bulletins re outings, field trips, topical environmental issues & special events.
- Invitations to Monthly Conservation & Education meetings covering South Florida's natural history & topical environmental issues.
- Access to the Steinberg Nature Center grounds from sunup to sundown.
- Access to the extensive natural history library at TAS’s Doc Thomas House headquarters during regular hours.
- Volunteer & Advocacy opportunities focusing on conservation, preservation and restoration of resources and/or habitat.
- Supporting conservation in South Florida.
TAS members who also join Audubon of Florida & the National Audubon Society will receive:
- Four issues of The Florida Naturalist with news & features relating to the state’s environmental issues.
- Four issues of AUDUBON magazine, chock-full of awe-inspiring nature photography & in-depth reporting.
Enhance your TAS Membership by becoming a Conservation Patron!
Make a greater positive impact on the South Florida environment by becoming a TAS Patron. You’ll be helping us amplify our advocacy voice and advance our Conservation Mission by donating at one of the following levels:
$50 Cape Sable Seaside Sparrow
$100 White-crowned Pigeon
$250 Painted Bunting
$500 Purple Gallinule
$1,000 Great White Heron
$2,500 Wood Stork
$5,000 Roseate Spoonbill
$10,000 Swallow-tailed Kite (lifetime member)
Customize your donation
Make a monthly recurring gift to TAS
Volunteers are the figurative “Wind beneath our Wings.” Our crucial Conservation Mission can only take flight with the help of volunteers whose variety of talents, skills and backgrounds expand our reach and impact. Volunteering at TAS is a rewarding experience. Whether planting native flora at our Steinberg Nature Center grounds, guiding bird walks or kayak tours, assisting at events, or lending writing, editing or PR skills, volunteering your time and expertise will literally impact and enhance quality of life for all South Florida’s residents, feathered and otherwise.
Looking to put your skills to the test? Become a TAS Intern and gain hands-on experience in the conservation field! Polish your leadership skills and learn new ones. Benefit from our mentorship and help build your résumé.